Taken your eyes off your creative toddler for a few seconds and then have pen marks on your furniture? After trying with regular cleaning products is it still not coming off? I have some handy suggestions that have worked on a variety of surfaces.
Below is an example of removing it off a leather sofa, but the same method has worked on various surfaces. I would suggest completing a spot check first to ensure that your furniture does not stain or tarnish.
What you will need
- A cleaning product containing ammonia
- Dry cloth
*I used the stardrops home power cleaner with ammonia*
- Pour/spray the cleaner with ammonia on to the marked surface. I left for a couple of minutes to soak in
- Using the dry cloth rub the pen marks off- as I was doing this on leather I didn’t apply much pressure as it can easily mark
- For any remaining pen stains apply some hairspray onto the area and then use the cloth to rub the marks away- and that should have done the trick!
- Wipe clean the area with a clean damp cloth to ensure no cleaning chemicals are left on your surface
Using hairspray or ammonia alone didn’t work for me on leather but I have previously used hairspray alone on hard surfaces and the pen marks have come straight off.
Here is the before and after pic: